Thursday, September 29, 2011

Counting Down!


It's been FOREVER since I've updated you all! Life has been pretty eventful over the past couple of months. We spent 4 weeks on the road driving through the USA. When we came home, Ryan finished his licensing requirements and became an official pilot! We both started new jobs this month... him in Edmonton, me in Calgary. Once again, we are enduring a long distance relationship, but it's much different this time around. We see each other on weekends, and Calgary is only a temporary home for me while I'm busy training for my new airline.
We've been looking at homes, preparing for the next big grown-up step in our lives.
... Oh, and we've got a wedding booked!!
After many stressful weeks of struggling to organize things, we changed our plan completely. Originally set to marry in January, we'll now tie the knot on April 12, 2012. We did this for a number of reasons. More notice for our guests, better pricing, and most importantly... the ability to take time off of work. In my industry, vacation time needs to be planned long in advance. In fact, even from this point it's going to be difficult for me to get the time off in April. Bidding has already taken place and I wasn't yet eligible. I'm left to choose from what is leftover once everyone else has requested their time off. I've been reassured that the odds for April are quite favourable, much to my relief. It wasn't an easy decision to move the date, knowing that a lot of my family couldn't afford to attend both ours and my aunt's wedding, which is still taking place in January. In the end, we decided to do what was best for us. I would have been devastated to have booked and paid for it only to find out that I was unable to take vacation time.
Now that things are booked, a lot of the stress has diminished as we plan for our beach wedding. I have my wedding dress, it fits! Our invitations have been ordered.... although we already have 28 confirmed guests, not including ourselves. There will likely be more to join, such as my out-of-province and out-of-country friends... even my beautiful roommate Dubai plans to join in the celebration!!

We are very excited and counting down the days.... 196, in case you are wondering!


No comments:

Post a Comment